Today I'm going to blog about all the free stuff you can do to promote your books. I hope that at least one of these ideas helps somebody out.
1. Set up a website. You can do this completely free at www.webs.com or www.weebly.com and if you want it to be a true dot com you can go to www.godaddy.com or www.names.com and I'm sure there are others and pay for your domain name for the year. It will cost less than $12 and then you can go back to the free site and use your own domain. You have no fees at all and you have a new website.
Set up a facebook page and friend everyone and tell everyone about your page. Use your page to promote your book. Don't just open the page but actually go there and post on it daily.
Follow people and ask them to follow you. Tweet and retweet other people's tweets. Join in on the fun.
Same thing here. Friend people and ask them to friend you.
5. www.manicreaders.com has free pages
6. www.linkedin.com another social networking site.
7. Start a blog. There are a few different free ones. You can try www.blogspot.com or www.wordpress.com either one are free.
8. Join yahoo groups. Be sure to follow their posting rules.
9. www.goodreads.com is another really good place to promote you book.
10. Get reviews for your book. The more reviews and good ratings the better. You can take that review and then tell all the above places. Out of every good review you get several promo opps out of it.
This list should get you started but the ideas are endless in marketing. I hope at least one of these things helped somebody out.