Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Guest Blogger: Tim England

Coming Soon!



Please tell us about your latest book.
Well, ma'am this is my first Western that I've written. So I basically tried to keep it along the same traditional sense as it was back in the 1960s Western films.
"Ride to Glory", is about United States Marshal Jake Boone, captures the notorious outlaw and kill crazy Abe Stanton and his gang for robbing a Wells Fargo stage, killing the driver and passengers. He got life in prison which Jake protested but that was the last word for Judge Hinshaw. Years later, Abe Stanton escapes prison forms a new gang and extracts revenge on those who put him into prison. During Stanton’s reign, he kidnaps two girls. So Jake comes out of retirement for one last job – rescue the two girls from an old enemy thought to be dead.

What can we expect from you in the future?
You can expect future westerns written by me, in the future. I have already written two more. And hopefully continue to write. 

Why did you decide to write “ Western” novels?
I decided to write Westerns because I am a loyal fan of the genre always have been, since I first saw my first film of the genre, back in 1988.

How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing?
Probably none. I choice not to include my life in the writings of my choice. 

When did you first think about writing and what prompted you to submit your first ms?
That is a tough question, I suppose I first thought about writing was when I was a kid in Junior High. Been knocking off and on ever since. 
Mostly out of curiosity, to see what kind of response I would get. 

Generally, how long does it take you to write a book?
I would say, probably two months. If I am really dedicated to the story idea. 

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?
I wouldn't say I have a set schedule. More less go with the flow.

What is your writing routine once you start a book?
I usually, pace the the floor a hundred times, and drink lots of caffeine. Once that kicks in, I'm raring to go.

What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?
Actually, my family does not bother me a'tall. I am use to the noise. 

What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?
Listen to cinematic music.

What truly motivates you in general? In your writing?
Seeing the final product once its done. I suppose.

Where do your ideas come from?
Mostly from watching various TV/Film and other walks of life. I do not use them as a "rip-off" or "clone" merely a stepping stone.

Do you feel humour is important in __Western____ and why?
Yes, I believe their is humor in the Western genre. I think back in those days, the 19th Century; people found time to laugh and enjoyment in their daily lives.
Besides, it somehow makes the characters seem more human than say 24/7 drama.

What are your thoughts on love scenes in romance novels, do you find them difficult to write?
I think they represent those types of novels. There is nothing wrong with sharing love or even having intimate love scenes as long as they are tastily done. I do fine them difficult to write. Especially, since I do not write those types of stories.

What kind of research do you do?
Honestly, I wing it. But seriously, I research the time period. Find out what kind of environment and landscape it was back then. Not to mention the people's clothing and weaponry.

Would you like to write a different genre than you do now, or sub-genre?
Yes. I have been working on several different ideas for different genres. In fact, once my fourth Western standalone is finished, I will be conducting an Action/Adventure Western. Hope to be a series of books.

What does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend think of your writing?
My wife tolerates me. She has a hard time, dragging me away from the computer at times. 

Do you ever ask him/her for advice?
Yes I ask her advice on what she thinks of this character and should this person he/she might do in a similar situation whatever the case maybe.

Please tell us about yourself (family, hobbies, education, etc.)
I am a stay-at-home dad. I live in Franklin, Tennessee. Raised in rural Middle Tennessee. I went to Fairview High School there I graduated in 1997. Then on November of 2006 I married my short-term girlfriend of five months. She and I now resides in Franklin, Tennessee with our two children and five cats.
I enjoy going to internet to browse, genealogy, listening to cinematic music, taking nature pictures, watching movies, and writing stories. 

Fill in the blank favorites - Dessert. City. Season. Type of hero. Type of heroine.
Cheese Cake for dessert
None - City
Summer for Season
None - Type of hero
None - Type of heroine

What are some of your favorite things to do?
I would say taking nature pictures.

Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book?
William Shakespeare I suppose would be my favorite author
King Lear. I suppose would be one of my favorite plays by him.

Who are some of your other favorite authors to read?
William Shakespeare, King James translation to the Holy Bible

What do you think of critique groups in general?
I think they can be right resourceful and help those who are really needing the help.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
Tough question, I would like to see myself a well, published author.

How long have you been writing - have you always wanted to be a writer?
Since Junior High School. No, I wouldn't say that I've always wanted to be a writer. There was a time where I wanted to be an Actor and a Law Enforcer.

How many books have you written, how many have been published?
I have written three Westerns. None as been published yet. I am in the first stages of the publishing business.

After you've written your book and it's been published, do you ever buy it and/or read it?
Yes I plan on buy it and re-reading it.

Among your own books, have you a favorite book? Favorite hero or heroine?
I would have to say, my favorite story that I wrote would have to be "Ride to Glory". As for a favorite hero/heroine? That is a little complicated.
My favorite heroine would have to be Jenny Lee who stars in "The Outlaw Jenny Lee" and I would choose Jesse Donovan as my favorite hero, a character that belongs to a story that hasn't been written yet.

What book for you has been the easiest to write? The hardest? The most fun?
The easiest to write would have to be "Ride to Glory". The hardest would be the series that I am working on at the moment. The most fun would also have to be
the one I am working on at the moment.

Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting? What are the elements of a great romance for you?
Most of the time, it would be the characters. Then the setting and then the story. I am a little backwards. It works out better for me. As for the elements o a great romance would have to be chemistry. If the person doesn't like the other person, then it will not work. Plain and simple.

What is the hardest part of writing/the easiest for you?
I would say the hardest part of writing for me would be the dialog. As for the easiest, I would say background such as landscape and the like.

Have you experienced writer's block---> If so, how did you work through it?
Yes I have had writer's block. I still have it every now and then. I try and get something else on my mind. Work on other projects until something comes to mind to write about.

What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer?
I guess seeing your name in print. But to me, just knowing that I made my family proud of me is the most rewarding factor there is.

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing?
Tracing my family tree.

Are there any words of encouragement for unpublished writers?
Yes, those who haven't yet publish. Don't give up. No matter how many times someone shuts you down. Don't give in. Just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment