Thursday, August 25, 2016

Guest Blogger: TJ Adams


                                         An Innocent Act by [Adams, TJ]

https://www.amazon.com/Innocent-Act-TJ-Adams-ebook/dp/B01J990YSA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469766718&sr=1-1&keywords=an+innocent+act+tj+adams



Tell us a little about TJ Adams?

TJ Adams is pseudonym that I put together in a hurry from my desk at work one morning, once my first (and very accidental) erotic short story An Innocent Act was picked up by Solstice Publishing.
I’ve been writing crime, western and horror under my real name for some years now.



How can we find you and the story?
You can find me at www.tjadamsfiction.weebly.com for now and of course my publisher
Solstice Publishing www.solsticepublishing.com TJ will have to earn his keep before I go out and buy another domain name.


What can we expect from you in the future?

An Innocent Act is a short story that came about while I was feeling out the idea for a much longer crime story that I may have lost interest in? At about the same time, three of the small crime publishers that I’ve worked with had closed up shop and the work was returned. I had been working on an untitled story of a young woman going in search of a friend lost to the streets, when a zombie-apocalypse piece titled Pandora’s Box was returned from one of the defunct publishers. The name was the perfect stripper / stage name and title for the story and I rewrote it adding a few steamy scenes, which allowed the story to be more of what I really wanted than the average crime publisher would read. I have had a look at the cover art for this novella length story and am really excited to see it come out. As of now, I do not have a release date, but the story will be published by Solstice also.


Do you have a set schedule or routine when writing?

No…like everything else in life, I just wing it. I read comments all the time about writing this many or that many words per day. Believe me, when the time comes, I can’t type the story fast enough. I used to worry that I might slip into procrastination and not write another thing, but if you count flash fiction, I’ve had 34 stories published in 4 genres now in both the US and England. So at this point, I’m not too worried about getting another story out.


Any words of encouragement for someone looking to get started?

Read everything that you can find and just keep at it. That advice is kind of difficult for me as I enjoy history and the narratives are kind of dry and wordy. Whether long or short, keep submitting your stories. While the rejections will pile up, don’t let it bother you too much. On the occasion that an editor will take the time to write back, listen to what they say and keep your hands on the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment