Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Guest Blogger: Maighread MacKay


Stone Cottage by [MacKay, Maighread]

https://www.amazon.com/Stone-Cottage-Maighread-MacKay-ebook/dp/B01452HED4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471964242&sr=1-1&keywords=stone+cottage



Please tell us about your latest book.
My latest novel is entitled Stone Cottage. It asks the question “If you could plan your life before you were born, what could that life look like?” The genre would be classed as Visionary Fiction.

Why did you decide to write “Visionary Fiction” novels?
I have always been interested in ghosts and mysteries. One of the first books I remember reading as a child was Nancy Drew and the Ghost of Blackwood Hall. Why do spirits stay around after they leave their earthly body? Are they real? What do they want? All questions I have asked myself in my exploration of the supernatural. My quest has led me on a fascinating study of yoga, Native theology, Celtic Shamanism, the realm of the Fae and authors such as James Van Praagh, John Edward, Brian Weiss, Eckhart Tolle, James Redfield, Annie Kagan and many others.

In my search I came across a book written by Robert Schwartz entitled Your Soul’s Plan. It is enthralling accounts of people who have done a past life regression into the time between lives, after they had lived and before they reincarnated again. This book touched me deeply and started new questions about reincarnation and past life regression and why we incarnate onto this planet. I wondered how the scenarios presented could play out in a life’s story. Thus the inspiration for Stone Cottage was born. My novel in no way is a definitive look at why life is the way it is, but rather, how events might arrange themselves in one person’s life. It is Visionary Fiction after all. Other than being a neat story, it’s a way to present a new paradigm of life to people who may never have encountered it before.

What truly motivates you in general? In your writing?
I have a deep passion for life and things spiritual. This universe is so vast and mesmerizing. There’s so much to learn and life is very short. I truly believe we are all one and of the same energy. I love to explore and find new ways of thinking and being. Dr. Wayne Dyer once said “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a human experience”. I believe that to be true, so I explore what being in this body could mean and how it can be used to grow the soul.

Do you write in any different genres than you do now, or sub-genre?
Yes. I have three children’s books published: Bedtime Treasures, The Mysterious Door and the Crystal Grove. Bedtime Treasures is for night time reading, so is good for little ones and a special adult to share. It contains eight short stories and a poem.
The Mysterious Door is a first chapter book, suitable for a child who likes to read by him/herself. Age wise, probably around the 10 -11 year old, maybe a little younger or older depending on the likes of the child.

The Crystal Grove is a sequel to The Mysterious Door and is a little longer and more involved.
I have published a non-fiction short story in Chicken Soup for the Soul: 2015 called Being Santa. It is the story of how my husband became Santa Claus.

I have also written a short romantic fantasy entitled Once Upon a Mid-Summer’s Eve for Solstice Publishing for their 2016 Let’s Have Fun Anthology.

How do we find out about you and your books?
Website: http://mhefferman.ca/author/my-blog/ 
FB: www.facebook.com/maighreadmackay
Twitter: twitter.com/maighreadmackay
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDj938kUzM 
Amazon.com: http://author.to/maighreadmackay

No comments:

Post a Comment