Friday, August 12, 2016

Guest Blogger: Jean Jacques

Amazon's Author Central Page
https://www.amazon.com/Jean-Jacques/e/B0156YQVSY/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1


The Baby Factory: The Genesis Society by [Jacques, Jean]


Please tell us about your latest book.: I just finished my fourth edit on my new book ‘Bad Day for Harry Day’. It’s about the blackmailing of a US Senator by a film editor
whose live is threaten by a drug lord. To be publish soon.

What can we expect from you in the future? : My autobiography ‘My Thirty Five Phoquing Years In Hollywood’. A lotta very interesting things to tell about the stars
we used in commercials, the nice one and the not so nice one. And how we cheated in commercials in the old days, like using mash potatoes for ice cream.

How do we find out about you and your books? ‘The Baby Factory’ the Paperback edition and the Ebook. are available 
on Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153P7D24 ... The Paperback edition on Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/5741998

Why did you decide to write thriller novels? : To me it’s more creative and harder to write than a juicy Romance story. It gives me satisfaction.

How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing? As much as I can, been around the world twice, been in a lotta good and bad situations.

When did you first think about writing and what prompted you to submit your first ms?: I’ve been in the movie business for almost fifty years, Writing is nothing new to me.
I’m a Monty Python fan, I wrote some parodies and sent them to ten literary agents. One of them responded and that was Emerantia Antonia Gilbert.
She liked my work and gave me a contract. She wanted me to write some more, and since I had previously wrote ‘The Baby Factory’ as a screenplay, I turned it into a novel.
She presented my manuscript to Summer Solstice, they liked it and gave me a contract... et voila.

Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow? : I just go with the flow, I’m not in the army.


What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions? Lucky... I’m in Shanghai, and I don’t have family here, no problems.

What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?: I write... haha! No... I do perspective drawings for my wife. She’s an  Interior Designer.

What truly motivates you in general? In your writing? Waking up and finding that I can see, I can hear, I can touch, I can feel and I can taste. The rest of the day is great for writing.

Where do your ideas come from?: Mostly from my brain... haha!... From observation.

Do you feel humour is important in thrillers and why? : Humour is important in everything and everywhere... the world is too damn serious.

What kind of research do you do? : Just being aware of my surroundings.

Would you like to write a different genre than you do now, or sub-genre? ; Yes... I wanna write comedy, Monty Python stuff.

What does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend think of your writing?
: My wife is proud... having my first book published at 85 years old is kinda nice.

Do you ever ask him/her for advice?
: No.

Please tell us about yourself (family, hobbies, education, etc.)
Well... I cannot lie, I come from my mother, and she happened to be in Quebec City at the time.
1930, the great depression, I had a feeling that things were not going too smoothly out there, so I turned around and became a breech baby. I did not wanna come out,
after spending nine months blissfully floating under water, why would I wanna come out and face this cruel world. They pulled me out anyway. My poor mother, never had a chance to thank her. I grew up and went to school with the Christian Brothers, wasted ten years of my life. Didn’t learn anything. 1946, sixteen years old, my very first job, window dressing in a big department store, Quebec City, $12 a week, paid cash in a little brown envelope.1951, Second job, traveling salesman, selling soap for Lever Bros. in Montreal. Third job, Art Counselor for Canadian Breweries, in Montreal. 1957 I decided to go study animation in Los Angeles. 1960 went to work for John Urie & Associates. Worked there for ten years. Wrote ‘The Baby Factory’ screenplay. 1970 I started my own animation studio. 1990 I went to supervise an animation show for Film Roman Studio in Taiwan. Met Helene got divorce. 1992 We moved to Montreal. I directed two Saturday morning animation show. ‘Bad Dog’ and ‘Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat’ (Emmy recipient) for Sesame Work Shop. 2002 moved to Provence, worked for Dupuis Animation in Paris. Started to write my parodies. 2007 move to Shanghai, Helene is working as an Interior Designer. Moving back and forth to Provence every summer. And here we are. 
 
Fill in the blank favorites - Dessert. City. Season. Type of hero. Type of heroine. : Favorite dessert: Strawberry-Rhubarb pie. Favorite City: Montreal and San Francisco.
Favorite Season: Spring. Type of hero : Lenny Bruce, George Carlin.  

What are some of your favorite things to do? : Touring and taking pictures.

Do you have a favorite author? Favorite book? : Carl Sagan. Cosmos.

Who are some of your other favorite authors to read?
: Will Rogers. Marc Twain. George Bernard Shaw.

Where do you see yourself in five years? Older and in Provence, writing, siting next to a Vineyard.

How many books have you written, how many have been published? : Wrote three books,  ‘The Baby Factory’ published. ‘Bad Day for Harry Day’ soon to be publish.
‘Stanley Forcefinger’ illustrated by famous cartoonist ‘Hab’ Kliban. Short story, ‘A Cat From Nuns’ Island’. Five parodies. Ten short stories.

After you've written your book and it's been published, do you ever buy it and/or read it?
: Yes, that’s the only way I can make money... haha!


What book for you has been the easiest to write? The hardest? The most fun? : ‘The Baby Factory’.


What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer? : Holding your published book in your hand.

If you weren't writing, what would you be doing? :
Racing cars.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment