Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Guest Blogger: CS Patra

Amazon's Author Central Page


The Winter Key (Keeper of Fate Book 1) by [Patra, CS]


1) Please tell us about your latest book.

I've actually got a couple of things that I'm working on. I usually don't work on one thing at a time. Right now, my main focus is called The Summer Key, which is the sequel to my fantasy book, The Winter Key. The Winter Key came out around May this year and I hope to have its sequel out around October or even earlier if possible. It follows a group of friends as they try to find answers behind the world that they are living in while trying to hide from the government that's trying to kill them. Bit by bit, they find out things that they really shouldn't have known in the first place.

2) Generally, how long does it take you to write a book?

It varies on a lot of things for me. It depends on how much time I've got on hand, how inspired I am to write something, what I'm in the mood for, etc. It can take me between a month to a couple of months to finish something.

3) How do we find out about you and your books?

You can always follow me on social media. I haven't updated much lately because I haven't had much going on lately. But I do check it regularly and try to keep up with the changes as much as I can.

Twitter: @CyberPeacock

4) What about your family, do they know not to bother you when you are writing - or are there constant interruptions?

My husband is pretty good about not interrupting me while I'm working. He's usually busy with something else. Sometimes, he might come into the room but he's usually very quiet about it. I hardly get interruptions from him.

5) What does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend think of your writing?
Do you ever ask him/her for advice?

My husband has yet to read anything I've written. He usually leaves all writing related things to me.

6) What do you do to relax and recharge your batteries?

These days, I just go on YouTube and watch videos on there. I might find some fun things to check out. I also like playing PokemonGo and going outside to do all that. I'm no expert at it but it's fun thing.

7) How long have you been writing - have you always wanted to be a writer?

For as long as I can remember. The moment I started reading books and learning how to write, I realized this was what I wanted to do. I think you can say I always wanted to be one but didn't really get serious about it until much later in life.

8) Which comes first, the story, the characters or the setting?

For me, I need to know the story. I need to know how it ends first. Then I work my way through and create a little path. The characters and setting fall into place as I am writing. If I know how it's going to end, I just need to figure out how I will get there.

9) Do you have a set schedule for writing or do you just go with the flow?

I usually just write what I feel like. If I have a deadline for something, I will work on that first. Otherwise, I just go with whatever I'm feeling at the moment. I'll go with what is inspiring me right now.

10) What is the hardest part of writing/the easiest for you?

I have a hard time ending chapters. Starting them isn't too hard for me but trying to end them can be difficult. I want the ending to be unique sometimes and it's not. The easiest is just coming up with characters and figuring out who they are, what they do, what motivates them, etc.

11) What truly motivates you in general? In your writing?

Just all the things around me motivate me. The desire to be better with each thing that I write. I can pull inspiration from almost anything. I just have to sit and let it come to me.

12) What can we expect from you in the future?

Definitely a lot more books of various genres in the future. I've so many that are currently being worked on. I've put a few on the back burner for now but I do plan to finish them eventually. Slowly and surely, I'm getting through everything that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment