Friday, July 8, 2011

Guest Blogger: Erin O'Riordan






An Erin O’Riordan Paranormal A-Z

According to the blurb at the top of my blog, I write “whimsical erotica.” Much of it is paranormal. I’ve always loved stories with a supernatural twist. Here’s an alphabetical look at some of my supernatural work; it should give you some idea of my quirky imagination.

A- Angels. My angel story is called “Angels Would Fall,” after a Melissa Etheridge song that I particularly love. It’s set to appear in an upcoming eXcessica Publishing anthology.

B - Beltane. The May 1st holiday on the Celtic/NeoPagan calendar was the inspiration for the short story that sparked the Pagan Spirits novel series. It’s also the name of the first novel.

F - Freya. The Norse goddess of love makes an appearance in “Black Bear Skin,” published in a book called Divine Matches.

G - Greek myth. My retelling of the story of Medusa and Perseus, “In the Lair of the Monster,” appears in Like a God’s Kiss.

H - Hansel and Gretel - My all-grown-up version of this fairy tale, “Handsome and Regretful,” appears in an anthology called Revealing All Your Dirty Little Secrets. Instead of a trail of breadcrumbs, my hero leaves a trail of Swedish fish.

I - Invisible. “Invisible Touch,” my contribution to Like a Mask Removed, Vol. 2: Erotic Tales of Supervillains, featured an invisible hero.

M - Midsummer Night. The second book in the Pagan Spirits series is named for this summer solstice holiday.

S - Shapeshifters. I love ‘em. I’ve written werewolves, werebears and a being who magically shifted from woman to man.

W- Werewolves. My werewolf couple is Matthew and Natalie, the stars of “Oliver’s Famous Clam Chowder” and “Oliver’s Good Night Kiss.”

V - Vampires. Oliver, the vampire chef, appears along Natalie and Matthew. In another tale, “Oakley Falls,” Oakley is a vampire stripper who befriends some supernaturally talented basketball players.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me as a guest on your blog, Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the alphabet to describe your books and interests! I love shapeshifters too, Erin. For some reason I just can't get enough of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete