http://theangelsgate.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-author-lizzy-stevens.html to read my interview.
Follow me on twitter here:
Friday, April 22, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Interview with Susanna L. Hargreaves
A Woman's Heart
Haunted Dreams and Vignettes
all available at Solstice Publishing.
1. When did you first realize you wanted to become a writer? I realized I wanted to be a writer when I was around ten years old. I loved writing stories and I had some wonderful teachers who encourage me. My family encouraged me as well.
2. When did you write your first book and how old were you? I wrote articles, short stories, and plays most of my life. I wrote my first novel when I was 38. I kept saying to myself that someday I am going to write a book. Then, I realized that someday is now.
3. How many books have you written? I have published two romance novels, two plays, and four children’s stories. I have also published a great deal of poetry. I am also proud of my short stories, for I have three stories in an anthology called Haunted Dreams & Vignettes. I really love being a part of it.
4. What is your work schedule like when you’re writing? I usually write during sleepless nights. Sometimes, I’m restless and I need to write.
5. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? I still have that need for approval and I am terrified of sharing my work with others, yet I continue to put myself out there.
6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? I am inspired by my life, the people around me, the area, and the history of New England. I am always jotting story ideas down.
7. What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I am a full time teacher and mother, so I don’t have a lot of time. However, I do love to read, garden, watch movies with my family, and cook. I really miss sleeping.
8. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? I guess one of the most surprising is how it is really possible to accomplish it. Saying you are going to write a book and actually doing it-making the time, drafting it, writing it, editing it, and then going through the agony of trying to find a publisher-is so overwhelming. It is a great deal of work, but it is truly so much fun! Writing is so enjoyable to me. It was important for me to believe in myself and listen to the words that were waiting to come out.
9. What do you think makes a good story? I think the heart is what makes a good story. If it has heart, then you know you have a good story.
10. Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If you want to write-write! The only thing holding you back is yourself. Someday is now. Why can’t it be?
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Get "Secrets Of Snow Hollow" this week only for $0.99 in Solstice Publishing's Spring Deals section.
Hurry before the sale ends!!!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Lizzy Stevens continues the Snow Hollow Saga with “My Vampire Savior”
Jennifer, a new witch, must team up with Vampires to save her life from a demon who is trying to kill her. She must ask for the help of Jenna Addison to train her for battle and teach her to be a more powerful witch than she is.
Available by itself or in the anthology "Haunted Dreams and Vignettes"
Get it now at Solstice Publishing coming soon to amazon